Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Tuesdays at Forty: Does Anyone Have a Life Preserver So That I Can Continue to Not Drown?

Seven weeks since I first wrote about the money "fun" and it hasn't let up.  I'm really starting to get pissed at Murphy.  He's definitely overstayed his welcome.  After the Jeep service at the beginning of July, I then got my air conditioners serviced.  I have dual zone a/c and each "zone" has two large components--an evaporator and a condenser (thank you, Google).  Well, the upper zone needed a capacitor in each component.  Those capacitors aren't cheap, that's for sure.  Though, to be fair, they are cheaper than what the government would have paid.  lol.  But that was $500 just three weeks after spending a good chunk of change on the Jeep.  Followed up by $1600 spent on pest control services for termites and wood-boring beetles.  During the a/c servicing, it was discovered that I have a leak in my roof.  Three days later, during a rain storm, I discovered a second leak.  Preliminary estimates are $5000 to repair those and replace the attic windows that are long overdue on replacement.  Ugh!!

On the up side, I was able to refi my mortgage and get a rate reduction of more than 1% so that is cool beans.  I also swapped my Long Term Care Insurance from monthly payments to annual payments.  Those two things will save me $1200 and $200 a year, respectively; as well as free up enough money, monthly, that I can look into getting a newer vehicle.  Not NEW, just newer (and younger).

So, I'm still going.  The stress hasn't let up but I'm putting one foot in front of the other.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

No comments: