Saturday, December 6, 2008

December already????

Last weekend was pretty hectic and I was feeling a serious lack of sleep. Wednesday was great...went to FitCamp, then work, then home. Slept great cause I had no where to be until noon-ish on Thanksgiving day. I had a leisurely breakfast then headed over to a friend's to pick up a package that I had left over there--she's large in the boob dept so I had taken my new sports bras over for her to try on so that she could get a better idea of what size to order. Home girl is a 36G so any opportunity for "try on" is great. The bras that I had ordered where two different styles but with "34" bands. Needless to say, they were a little snug.
Anyhow, back to the hectic weekend. After I had left her house, I headed to the place where I would be spending my weekend babysitting two boys--ages 9 and 11. I got the lay of the land and then headed north to Philly to spend dinner with my dad and second mom. Got there at 3pm and left around 8pm. Got back to my place of babysitting around 9:30. I forgot to call my dad to let him know that I had made it so he called me at 11pm. I had just fallen asleep but woke up enough to answer his phone call and then promptly went back to sleep. At 3am, I heard my friends getting ready to head to the airport. I think they left within an hour. I woke up at 7am in order to get ready for work. The mall on Black can imagine how fast my day flew despite working a full 8 hour shift. I got back to the house around 6pm. The boys and I watched The Hulk and then hit the sack.
Saturday morning, I slept in til 10 but didn't feel rested due to having slept on a bed that wasn't my own. I worked at the mall from 1pm to 5pm, drove back to the house to eat and pick up the boys and then drove back to Dover to take them roller skating. We got there at 7pm. Three hours later, we headed back to their house. Sunday morning, I had to be at work at 8am. Thank goodness they let me leave early at 1pm instead of 3pm. I drove to my house to swap out clothes and to pick up my uniform and PT gear for Monday morning. After that, I headed back to pick up the boys and then drove back to the movie theatre (in the same mall where I work) so the boys and I could see Twillight. Which, if you're able to forget the book, is a good movie.
I stayed up that night to watch Britney: For the Record.
Monday morning, I was up at 4:30am so that Icould ensure I made it to the base gym by 6am for FitCamp. Same with Tuesday. The whole weekend I didn't sleep well cause I wasn't at home and I had to add 15 minutes to my travel time because I wasn't even in the same town that I actually live. I didn't actually get to bed before 10pm until Thursday night but still had to be up at 5am.
Now, I realize that some folks are used to having only six hours (or fewer) of sleep but I'm not. I don't function too well on fewer than seven and am even better with eight. Last night I was in bed by 10:30 but was able to sleep in until almost 8am. That was awesome. I might even go back to bed for a couple hours since I don't have to be at work until 12:45 this afternoon. Oh, decisions, decisions.
Have a good weekend.

No comments: