Sunday, June 23, 2013

One month post-deployment

It's been a busy month since I returned last month.  We got home in the wee hours and I didn't get to sleep until about 3am that morning.  However, I was up five hours later--thinking that I had slept for much, much longer.  I was up early pretty much every day that first week, even when I didn't need to be.  We're talking 5 or 6am every morning.  I took advantage of it and got quite a bit done in those early hours.  My birthday weekend was spent in an uneventful manner.  Nothing fancy at all and that suited just fine.  I did enjoy some really good yet not good for me food that first week.  I spent the following week--the first one in June--in New Jersey, enjoying good (in all senses) food and just walking around the area.  I think I walked about five miles a day for five of those seven day.  The second weekend back I worked a few hours at my part time job.  It was good to be back to that as well.
Went back to the *real* job two weeks after my return and have been easing into the rhythm of how it's done back at home station--world's different than what happens at the deployed location.  We've got good folks in the shop though.  I think it's going to be easier in some cases; slightly more difficult in other cases--it's hard to answer *why* something happened the previous day when you've been on your weekend and weren't even at work.  But...working weekend duty definitely has its perks.  I really don't mind having three days off during the week AND it will enable me to take three classes this fall.  Good stuff!

No comments: