Thursday, October 29, 2009

Nearly Friday already?

This week has gone by pretty quick.
I ended up not taking my LB to the skating party Tuesday evening. I woke up that morning with the migraine that I went to bed with. I went to Fit Camp and then, when I got in to work, asked my Lieutenent if he would mind if I went home and took my meds and then came back when they kicked in...around 10am. He said "no prob." I got home, took the meds, and went to bed. I still had the headache when I got back to work but couldn't do anything about it. I knew if I went home from work that I wouldn't be able to take my LB skating. After another hour of feeling like a little man was smacking the inside of my skull with a mallet, I called my LB's mom and told her I wouldn't be able to take him skating. After I hung up, I told my Lt that I was gonna go to sick call.
I got there 45 minutes early but it's better to look sick at the clinic than it is to look sick at work. lol. The doctor turned out to be not very personable. He asked "how often do you get migraines?" I said "too often." "That's not what I asked," was his snotty reply. Nope, didn't like him one bit. Anyhow, he put me on quarters and prescribed me some meds. I went to pick those up before I left. Something for nausea and Codeine. Codeine! Are you kidding me? I don't need to be all drugged up. I just need to be able to crawl into my bed in a dark room and smoosh the hurting side of my head into the pillow. That's what I did as soon as I got home sans medicine and I slept from 2pm until 7pm. Got up, had soup and a nuked red potato and then went back to bed from 8pm until I had to get up the next morning at 5am. Migraine gone. I just need to keep to my sleep schedule. That being said, I have 24 minutes until bedtime. Night all.

No comments: