Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The vacation has begun!!

The Britney Spears concert on Sunday was awesome!!! I thoroughly enjoyed the whole two hours. It ended around 10pm and I then set out on I76 West. Made it as far as Carlisle, PA by midnight. The eyelids were getting heavy so I decided to find a room to stay in. I had originally planned on just finding a well lit rest stop and sleeping in the back of the Jeep but opted for a real bed instead. Slept pretty well and was up at 7am. I arrived at Wright Patterson AFB Monday evening around 5pm. Since I wasn't on the road today, I gave myself permission to sleep in. I did get up around 10am and headed out to find a place to eat breakfast. I ended up at Bob Evans. Not my first choice but it was pretty good. Then headed to Dick's Sporting Goods to get some compression shorts. It still hurts to run--the jostling is too painful in the hip-skin area--so I needed to find a way to work through the pain. The shorts are tight enough that the jostling should be at a minimum.
After that, I headed back to billeting to hang out and enjoy cable--something that I don't have at home. For dinner, I headed to the Found & Hound Pub & Grill. I met one of the ladies from the Grocery Challenge--oot n aboot--and her daughter and we talked and laughed and had a good dinner.
PB, it was great to meet you and I look forward to meeting up again on my return trip.
Tomorrow, I'm setting out for the second half of the "TO" trip. Taking I70 West to I74 to I80. I should be in Altoona by dinner time.

1 comment:

PammieBRB said...

Nidena: Yay!! I had such a great time Tuesday! I am thinking of taking Friday 9/25 off for my anniv. weekend. (any excuse for a day off, LOL) Hope you are having a fabulous time! Tell any other hounds you meet that I said "HI!" I am so jealous! I love road trips!
Ooty